I am a bad mom. I took my sweet Paige to the dentist on her 2nd b-day. I talked about it with her all week in hopes she would be fine once the exam started. However, Paige screamed and cried the whole way through. The dentist of course, confirmed that the pacifer has caused a severe crossbite and her top and bottom teeth don't meet. He said even if we took it away now, the crossbite wouldn't correct itself, but she could avoid evoking buckteeth. I felt horrible as if it was my fault for causing all this. So, we got home, I took the sissors and clipped the end of the remaining two pacifers. She has been melting down since saying they're broken but she's relentless and still walks around all day with it in her mouth. Reece on the otherhand has given up on her pacifer and resorted to sucking her thumb. I love that she can sooth herself but now know that if this continues, we can't cut her thumb off when she turns two! Oh the joys of parenthood......
On a high note, Paige got to play with her cousins in Fort Collins as Abby turned 3 and had her party at a place called Cool Beans. Paige had a blast, so much, that with all the sugar and excitement she went without nap. Poor mom and dad...
Today she went with daddy to her friend Connor's bday party. She was the only girl and stuck close with dad but they left before the cake and icecream this time to assure a good nap this afternoon.
Sigh, this to shall pass! :)
4 comments:
That is so funny, we tried cutting the pacifier also and Connor says the same thing, "It's broken." I wish they weren't so addictive, I'm dreading the transition.
Paige has another friend named Connor? I'm sure he's cute :) See you soon.
Oh we must talk! We just went through giving up the paci this week too. EJ had bitten holes in all of hers and eventually bit the tips off all of them. We had told her once the last one was broken we weren't getting anymore. She finally bit the last tip off this past week. Although she found a stash of a different kind of paci and is keeping it in her bed.
I bet Paige's teeth will get better. EJ had been using hers with holes for a quite awhile so she wasn't able to get the same suction as normal. Just from that her teeth have started to move back to more of a normal position. Her top front teeth were REALLY sticking out before that.
Anyway, we should talk! :)
In the years to come, you will look back and not remember the heart ache only the joy of lifes trials. It does get better and Paige and Reece will both be fine. Ou thoughts and prayers are with both of you...Always!
We love and miss you tons!
Grandad and Mima
What a crummy experience for you. Paige will not remember it though. It is impossible to prepare a 2 year old for the dentist and you did your best to not surprise her. Gosh, who likes going to the dentist anyway? Even as an adult, it stinks. Hugs and kisses.
Post a Comment