Sunday, May 8, 2011

Great Mother's Day!








Happy Mom's Day Gramma, Granny B and Mima!! Hope you all had as good of day as I did!

The day started with a 5K race at Coors field which lead through downtown and finished with a lap around the field. I struggled and it was shown by the unbecoming pictures T.jay took at the end (and hence why I didn't post those) but I cut 20 seconds of my last time! Paigey got to run in another 1K and she was very excited. This 1K was around the warning track in Coors field which was pretty cool. T.Jay got to run with her and I think he was just as exicted! There was quite a lull after my race before Paige ran (you can see by the one picture we couldn't get her to smile cause she kept asking when it was her turn) but luckily Coors field had plenty of free treats, beer and a little playground to keep everyone occupied.
After we got home, Reece hit the hay as she was EXHAUSTED and Paige, with neverending energy, ran through the sprinkler outside. I had a few hours to head out and do a little shopping, and though not much was bought, it was nice to have a little free time.
T.jay smoked some salmon (my favorite) and BBQ steak with baked potatoes and salad. Paige and Reece bought me an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, again my favorite.
But, it wouldn't be Mother's Day without a little drool, spit up, puke or poop right? Yep, poor little Reece got some sort of stomach virus on Friday and decided to poop all over me while I was holding her after dinner. Gross.........good news is we were outside and at the comfort of our own home to head upstairs and bathe. Poor Reece and Paige have a little something and we hope it stops there.
Regardless, I love my little girls and thank you hubby for making it a fun day!
Oh yeah, did I mention it was 85 today too??? :)

2 comments:

Marcy said...

How fun! Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! You deserved it! :) The girls are SOOO cute!

dsell@wyoming.com said...

Tennyson, what a fabulous Mother's Day (aside from the poop episode!). You do have two beautiful little girls who love you very much!!! It doesn't get any better than that! Way to go, T.Jay, for helping to make it a special day for Tenny!
Love you all!