Monday, September 6, 2010

My Best Friend



T.Jay and I had the opportunity to head to San Diego this past weekend for a much needed vacation and early anniversary for just the two of us. We realized that we had not been on a trip by ourselves where we didn't have kids or I wasn't pregnant since our first year anniversary which was also in San Diego! It was a great trip to sleep, workout, conversate, watch and lay by the ocean, eat sushi, In and Out Burger and the best burrito EVER (by T.Jay's standards). We even headed up to Del Mar to check out L'Auberge, the hotel we stayed at 3 years ago, which has now been renovated to a standard we only wish we could afford to stay at! We settled with getting massages there instead which allowed us access to their pool all day and saw Green Day. T.Jay knew they'd invite him to tour with them if he had the opportunity to show them his mad skills at Rockband! Maybe in another life.
Other highlites included, playing paddle ball and frisbee on the beach, walks by the beach in the am, sleeping in to no alarm, a huge pot of coffee for room service every morning, carry a purse WITHOUT one single diaper in it, and T.Jay getting hit on by a real live cougar. Yes, you read it correctly. It seems like Del Mar and La Jolla are raging with cougars...I've never seen so much plastic surgery done. Pretty sad but funny if you ask me.
The girls were having fun with Gramma and Grampa here in CO and we were kept updated with a daily digest of each day's event. Though we did talk about the girls daily and even shed a small tear, I thought we did a great job enjoying our time together and remembering back at all the good times the last 4 years has given us. We set goals as a couple, as a wife and husband, and as a mom and dad for this next year. Most importantly, the trip reminds me of why I love and married my best friend.

Thank you to mom and dad for all the love and care you gave our girls while we were gone! You made this trip possible!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Glad you were able to get away just the two of you! :)

Joanna said...

Very sweet! I'm jealous - We really need a trip away!!! :) I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys were able to do this! Love you all!

Natalie said...

That's so awesome! We just had our TENTH anniversary and it seems I've been pregnant or nursing for most of them!! So, one of these years we will celebrate it TnT style!! :) Love you guys! You are a FABULOUS couple!