So we have been a bit concerned about Reece since she was born. She has always had an assymetrical cry since she was born. The pediatricans never seemed concerned about it and would dismiss it. At one point I thought it was getting better but then I realized it was just wishful thinking. I had read up before our doctor's visit and found two diagnosis's that seemed to fit. Assymetrical crying facies or Caylers Syndrome. ACF is basically an underdevelopement or absence of the depressor anguli oris muscle and this CAN BE associated with cardiac defects in which it is then termed Cayler's syndrome. I was pretty sure she did not have that because she has been so healthy and previous MD visits her heart checked out fine. So, my question today was to confirm ACF and what do we do? Does it get better? Will it affect the way her speech? Will you only notice it when she cries? He confirmed ACF and said the heart seemed just fine. He said it's a rare diagnosis so he doesn't really have any longterm answers for us except that he does think it will get better as she ages. He didn't think there was anything to worry about at this time but to watch and wait. She has always fed great and so the PT side of me will just try to encourage stimulus to that side of her mouth to see if we can get much of a response. I pray that it gets better with time, doesn't affect her speech or the ways she talks or smiles. Other than that, she turned 8 months old today! She is a machine! Already cruising around furniture, transferring from one piece to the other, going up stairs and never wants to be left out! She ADORES her sister to pieces and loves to make her laugh. Though she used to be a champ at sleeping, the last month or so she has given us some challenges with either waking up REALLY early OR waking a few times during the night. I am assumming it's teething cause I like to blame that on everything! ha. Here are a few videos of life at the Gilpatrick house!
CSU!!
13 years ago
3 comments:
What adorable videos of the girls. I'm confident that Reece will outgrow that condition and she is such an sweet AND busy little person. Paige continues to be amazing and wow....I can't believe what incredible dancers T.Jay and Dora are! They must have learned those moves from Paiger! Happy Halloween! Love you.
What FUN!!! How cute are they?!?!
Love, Love , love those girls!!!! What a good dancer Paige is!
Oh, Paige...the moves! You've got'em girl! Love it! Dora and Daddy need some work yet. Keep working with them and they will learn! :)
Reece, you just can't EVER cry. That's the remedy! Love the climb up the steps! You're 8 months old and such a climber already.
Love you both!
Granny B
Post a Comment