The Breedings and Gilpatricks decided to head up to Winter Park for the long weekend. It was nice to get away from the feeling of yardwork and housework and just relax a bit. However, I think we all forget that with 4 kids 2 years and under that "relaxing" doesn't happen in our lives right now. Highlites of the weekend included nature walks around the cabin, fishing at the pond, swimming at the rec center and playing at the parks, drinking plenty of beers and seeing a mamma and baby moose walking around the cabin as well as good conversation once the kiddos hit the bed. Lowlights included Reece screaming a good portion of the weekend and refusing to sleep well and the scariest event was watching our sweet Paige fall into the pond while T.Jay and I were "exchanging" Reece in the Bjorn. I can't even describe what it was like to watch your daughter fall into the water and slowly go under, it brings tears to my eyes to just think about it again. She went under for a few seconds before T.jay jumped in after her and pulled her out with Reece in the other hand. (Amazing what can happen in just a split second) She was fine, just cold and scared but about 15 seconds after being pulled out she says,"Daddy turn go in water?". All we could do is laugh and cry at the same time. A great weekend nonetheless and we'd love to make it an annual trip.
CSU!!
13 years ago
4 comments:
OMG! Bet it was so scary seeing Paige fall into the pond! Glad it didn't seem traumatic to her though. Did Daddy take his turn in the water per her request? See you all in a few days. Love you.
WHEW!!! So thankful all ended up ok.
Loved the pics!
Hugs and kisses to all.
See you soon!
Oh my gosh, how scary! I bet T.Jay moved faster than a speeding bullet...SuperDad! Glad that all turned out okay, Paige probably thought it was just an exciting adventure, huh? Still missin y'all, hope to see ya in July!
OMG I didn't hear about the water pond thing... that is so scarry! I'm glad you guys are ok.
Post a Comment