Friday, March 26, 2010

A Good Night's Rest???

I just had to laugh this morning though I felt like screaming and crying at the same time about how I just wanted a good nights rest. I usually go to bed after we put Paige down at 8:30 and Reece has eaten so that I can go upstairs and sleep in my own wonderful comfortable king sized beautiful bed all by myself for 2-3 hours until Reece needs me again. This usually occurs around 11:30. And this is how the night begins:
T.Jay comes upstairs in a fog, hands me Reece, crawls into bed and passes out from his own exhaustion. I feed Reece and then wander downstairs to the couch where I have set up my own pillow and blanket with water and snacks readily available and Reece's carseat and spaceheater handy just in case she decides to sleep anywhere but in my arms. I have been sleeping downstairs since Reece snorts and crys out throughout the night and I figure only one of us needs to be miserable! Reece will then fall asleep in my arms anywhere from 1-2 hours before she starts snortin and moving around. I don't even know if she's hungry as I am so tired that I just feed her. I look at the clock, 1 hour has passed and I quickly do the math in my head to when T.Jay might wake up again to relieve me so that I can go back up to that wonderful beautiful bed of mine all by myself. This repeats every 1-2 hours until 5:30 am when T.jay usually wanders back downstairs to hold Reece while I sprint upstairs and jump back into glorious blissful sleep. Well, this morning I crawled into bed around 5:50 and at 6:00 I heard Paige moaning on the monitor.(she used to wake up at 8:30 mind you) "No, no no, I thought!" Just one more hour Paige!" She didn't stop so I quickly went to her room, grabbed her and raced back into my wonderful bed thinking that we could just snuggle and sleep until 7 or 8. Not a chance. Just as I was closign my eyes and falling into a deep sleep, I feel Paige's fingers plucking at my eye lashes to try to open my eyes and snickering with her pacifer in her mouth. I grabbed her hand and told her it was time to go back to sleep. This went on for about 10 minutes and then I could sense some movement in my face though my eyes were closed. I opened them to find Paige "signing" for milk. After about 10 more minutes of this I gave up and we got up for the day which leads me back to my first comment about wanting to scream and cry at the same time for some solid sleep! And the day begins....
I just re-read this and am laughing so hard I brought myself to tears. You get so frustrated as a parent but then your kid starts plucking your eyelashes and all you can do is laugh....

Enjoy your weekend and your sleep!
xo
Tennyson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had us laughing and crying as well. It will get better and on days like today remember the laughter in the small things. We love you. Hang in there!
Love - Rick and Josephine
P.S. May tonight/morning be better!

Denise said...

Oh Tennyson....I feel so bad for you, but I have to admit, I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering! I read this 3 times! I just can't imagine how you must feel, cuz I LUV sleep. Stay strong, it'll be over before you know it! I'll think of you in my dreams tonight ;)

Gr and Gr B said...

What a great story! I hope you are jounalizing all these experiences so you can read them back to the girls when they are old enough to understand. It will be SO entertaining. Looking at each night to come as a memory that makes an entertaining chapter, might help. With Reece already 4 weeks old and over 10 pounds, I'm thinking this will all come to an end very shortly. Love you and the moments you share.

Anonymous said...

Tennyson, I can just see Paige plucking your eyebrows and hear her giggling with her pun in her mouth! I did wonder how her day went after getting up so early.
Hang in there! Being sleep deprived is so hard, but it will get better!
Thanks for sharing!

Joanna said...

Glad you're able to laugh through it! Don't feel bad, though, when it does all turn to tears! She'll be sleeping through the night before you know it!!

BTW -You all looked great the other day - I never would have guessed you were so sleep deprived! Must be good genes!