Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Week













Well, it's got to get a bit easier from here. You are probably thinking I'm talking about the challenges of a newborn but really, Reece is quite a good baby! Outside of inconsistent sleep, I really can't complain! It's been quite a week for the following reasons. Reece Nicol was born on Thursday, Feb 25th and T.Jay was laid off or I should say his company shut their doors on Friday Feb 26th. The positive is that he is home with his family and we get to see a lot of him. We know something will work out and we are thinking positively. I came down with the 24 hour flu and was bedridden with the exception of feeding Reece earlier in the week and then T.Jay then came down with the same flu 2 days later. Rick and Josephine, aka, Grandad and Mima, were here to help all week and each of them came down with a slight case of the not so feel goods as well! And then there is Paige. Sweet little Paige. I truly believe she's getting her two year molars as she's been a little bear this week. Not only does she have all these changes occuring around her, but with these teeth coming in, we've had quite the blow outs on the diaper end and she's frequented the bath tub twice daily because of it. Poor thing. In addition, she's become accustome to waking up twice during the night as well! Ugh! Thanks to Mima who has helped during those 1 and 5 am shifts! So, like I said, it's got to get a bit easier from here! :)
Reece is a little pumpkin though and Paige is such a great little helper! We have two beautiful daughters that we are blessed with!

TnTnPnR

Here are some pics of visitors that have come to meet Reece. Gramma and Grampa Ballek, Granny B and Grandpa Dan, The Shambrose's (Shawn, Shannon, and Callie), Jamie and Greg, Kelly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will get better! You've had more than your share this past week! It's been great to have such good help, that's for sure!
We were so excited to meet Reece and see Paige. Love them both so much!
Hang in there!

Joanna said...

Ugh! What a week! Looks like you had lots of visitors too! I hope everyone is on the mend and that T.Jay can enjoy the time at home - I'm sure something will come up for him soon!

No, we don't know what we're having yet, though I am guessing a girl. We'll find out in May, or if we make a trip down to Albuquerque before then, Brandon's stepmom is an OB and will take a look for us! I think it was actually shortly after the Long's party. ;-)

We'd love to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

T.J. and Tennyson, congrats on your baby girl Reece. Sounds like Paige is adapting well to a sister. Hope to get a peek at the new arrival and see you all soon.

Patsy and Dobie

Denise said...

So sorry to hear about your rough week :( I know that T.Jay is enjoying his time home with his favorite girls. Things will be better before you know it, wish I was around to give y'all a hand! Love the pic of Paige admiring Reece!!!